Mannatech’s simple tips for a healthy heart
Did you do anything in February to support American Heart Month? The American Heart Association works to encourage healthier habits for a healthier heart. In February, they released My Life Check, as a way for people to measure their “heart score.” If you didn’t take any steps towards a healthier heart last month, why not start now?
Mannatech, a global provider of health and wellness products, is continuing to advocate American Heart Month with its own set of tips to support heart health even after February. The following is a list of simple things everyone can do to make a difference in their bodies and protect their hearts:
- Manage your salt intake.
- Eat fewer processed foods.
- Consume more healthy fats – Omega-3 fatty acids, abundantly found in fatty fish, support healthy heart function.
- If you smoke, quit!
- Brush your teeth – Research suggests cardiovascular disease may be connected to poor oral health.
- Laugh out loud – A study showed that people with a sense of humor were more likely to have healthy hearts.
- Don’t be a couch potato – Research says that sitting for long periods of time can be detrimental to your health. Try standing or doing exercises at your desk while you work.
- Reduce stress – There are many ways to do this, so pick something that works best for you and do it regularly.
- Get your blood flowing and heart pumping! Dance, run, climb, swim, sweep the floors – Do anything to raise your heart rate and burn calories.
- Maintain frequent health checks – You can manage your blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and triglyceride levels by comparing your numbers to the optimal levels. But don’t forget your frequent checkups as well.
“Maintaining heart health should be a priority for every person, no matter their age,” said Dr. Robert Sinnott, Mannatech CEO and Chief Science Officer. “While the health of our heart can be a daunting thing to try to improve, we can be proactive by simply reducing stress and eating right. Throw in some exercise and you have yourself a winning combination.”
Dr. Sinnott also recommends taking supplements like Mannatech’s Omega-3 with Vitamin D3 and CardioBALANCE® capsules that can support your heart by providing it with the necessary healthy fats and B complex vitamins that our bodies don’t produce on their own.
For more information about Mannatech or its health and wellness products, go to http://us.mannatech.com/products/health/.