Mannatech's Tips on Maintaining Great Skin During the Winter
Nothing takes more of a beating during the winter months than people’s skin. According to Everyday Health, changing skin care regimens during this season is essential to prevent irritation and damage from dry air, harsh wind and heaters.
To help avoid skin problems as winter closes in, Mannatech has provided a list of simple ways to help keep skin soft and hydrated.
- Moisturize regularly – Simply applying moisturizer within three minutes of showering or washing hands helps lock in moisture longer and keeps skin from drying up.
- Drink lots of water, warm or cold – Proper hydration in the winter is often neglected due to the cold temperatures, but it is especially important for keeping the body and skin healthy and nourished.
- Use sunblock – While the temperatures may be low, UV damage from the sun can be particularly harsh in the winter when many go unprotected. Remember to use sunblock year round.
- Use mild soap – Harsh soaps can further aggravate already irritated skin. Avoid highly alkaline and detergent soaps and prioritize areas that are dirty or produce odors to avoid unnecessary washing.
- Get plenty of rest – Sleeping is the body’s natural way of recharging and healing. By getting enough rest, the skin has time to regenerate as well.
“Cold weather shouldn’t be taken lightly; it can be harsher on our skin than any other weather conditions,” said Dr. Robert Sinnott, Mannatech CEO and Chief Science Officer. “While wintertime can be rough on our skin, following these few simple precautions can allow us to enjoy the cold weather, while standing up to conditions that could dry out our skin.”
Additionally, Dr. Martin Kassir, co-creator of Ūth™ Skin Crème and renowned dermatologist, suggests using products that contain glycans, such as Mannatech’s Ūth Skin Crème and Mannatech LIFT™ Day Moisturizer. Ūth Skin Crème has been formulated to fortify the skin matrix and both products have been shown in clinical trials to hydrate skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
For more information about Mannatech or its line of skin care products, go to: http://us.mannatech.com/products/personal/.