Refresh and Rejuvenate: Finish Strong and Follow Through
Mannatech’s Refresh and Rejuvenate program is a great way to build life-long healthy eating habits. While many will start, finishing strong and maintaining those newly learned habits is critical to overall long-term wellness.
Those participating in Mannatech’s Refresh and Rejuvenate program are experiencing two phases: A 10-day master cleanse followed by a 20-day cleanse. The Refresh and Rejuvenate program’s first 10 days master cleans calls for a diet rich in fresh fruit and vegetables and moderate-intensity exercise. As you enter the second phase, lean meats, grains and legumes are reintroduced. More intense activity, on a weekly basis, such as swimming, uphill hiking or power walking can offer similar health benefits in half the time.
To make it strong through the 20-day cleanse, follow these diet tips:
Recommended Protein (Days 11-30):
- Try to consume 2-4 servings per day, of lean protein. Select quality sourced whenever possible.
- Servings should be roughly the size and thickness of your palm (3-5 oz. cooked)
- OsoLean powder (2 scoops = 1 serving): 2 servings per day
After Program Diet:
Successfully completing the 30-program is cause for celebration, but not a time to go back to old habits. This is a fantastic opportunity to use what was learned in the Refresh and Rejuvenate program to embrace long-term wellness. The first step after completing the 30-day program, is to carefully reintroduce food groups. These food groups should be added one at a time on a weekly basis, according to the serving guidelines on the label except where noted below (1 serving at a time):
- Grains containing gluten (whole wheat, barley, oats)
- Dairy (cheese, milk, yogurt, butter)
- Nuts and seeds (raw) (1 handful = 1 serving)
- Shellfish (shrimp, mussels etc.) (6 oz = 1 serving)
To ensure that reintroduction of foods does not adversely affect your cleanse or trigger an unknown allergy, it is recommended to reintroduce foods from one food group at a time and in small portions. This will allow participants to gauge how these foods make them feel and can help identify any intolerances. Maintaining a daily food journal will ensure the effects of foods being reintroduced are understood.
The program will help to establish new, healthier eating habits after the program ends. The diet returned to after the program ends may be similar to days 11-30 but can include the foods that were originally excluded. Here are some simple guidelines to follow:
- Don’t forget to have breakfast! An OsoLean smoothie is always a simple and healthy meal.
- Continue to eat a variety of organic fruits and vegetables, there are plenty to choose from!
- Choose whole grains instead of refined foods and pastas
- Eat fish! Try substituting fish for red meat at least twice a week.
- Cook a vegetarian meal one night a week
- Continue to use good fats such as olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, etc.
- Limit high-fat dairy, opt for raw cheeses and milk. If these are unavailable at a local grocer or market, be sure to opt for organic.
- Avoid canned foods, canned foods (including fruits and vegetables) usually contain preservatives, salt and high fructose corn syrup
- Continue to drink plenty of water
- Treat yourself: Once a week, in social or special occasions it is recommended to enjoy a favorite food that may not fit into your healthy diet
Mannatech supplements used during the 30-day program can continue to be part of continued wellness after the program has been completed. Recommended products include
GI-ProBalance® Slimsticks that aid healthy digestion,* Advanced Ambrotose®powder, or Ambrotose® Complex powder, that helps promote gastrointestinal health* and Omega-3 with Vitamin D3 for supporting cardiovascular and immune health. Higher blood levels of omega-3 fatty acids are also associated with healthier body weight.*
Finishing and maintaining Mannatech’s 30-Day Refresh & Rejuvenate program can help participants feel more energetic, support additional fat loss, but more importantly put them on a path to identify a new, healthier lifestyle.