It's a good habit, and I'm sticking to it!
Think about the goals you’ve made this year. Maybe you want to develop mental resiliency. Maybe you want to be more productive. Perhaps your dream is to qualify for the Mannatech incentive trip. Whatever it is, the time is now to start aligning new habits to reach your goals, and sticking to them.
Habits are one of the most important things we can implement to achieve focus and growth. Take the following suggestions to heart, add some discipline, and your good habits are likely to stick like glue.
- Write it down. Keep a journal of your achievements and review them often. Utilize Mannatech’s MannaTracker tool, see below. Tracking works wonders!
- Make it a game. In a Forbes Magazine article, they recommend turning your goals into a game. Set up rewards for each milestone; your behaviors and choices are more likely to stick.
- Be realistic.You may not be able to plan 5 years into the future. Start smaller so that you can measure your progress. Set realistic goals for 1 year, 6 months, 4 months, whatever you can see yourself accomplishing.
- Consider things you are good at. Don’t focus on what you need to do better. Look at what you do well now and figure out how to leverage those strengths.
- Be in it for the long-haul. Don’t expect your habit to be short-lived. If you want a real-life change, it will take time.
- Plan for the unexpected. It’s always smart to anticipate that things will go wrong. Prepare for those ahead of time.
- Be consistent with your commitments. Work on your new behaviors daily, and try not to let distractions get in your way.
- Focus on the system and the process, advises Entrepreneur contributor James Clear. Concentrate on the small daily things that you do to achieve your goal(s) and before you know it, you will have your results. Stick to a schedule and enjoy the present moment.
- Find a role model. Subscribe to Daily Mentoring with Darren Hardy, online, and check in every morning or evening.
- Read the late Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. It’s a treasure of great ideas on making habits stick.
Join the Mayan Riviera Challenge! And, be sure to sign up with MannaTracker and start creating daily habits to drive your success. This new tool was built to help hold you accountable, increase your productivity and grow your business.
Remember, motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. Stick to your goals and you will succeed.