Fit Forever: Healthy Eating Tips For A Football Watch Party – #7 Is Your Reward!
The football playoffs are in full swing, which includes watch parties filled with tasty treats, but don’t let the fun of football penalize your New Year’s resolution and back you up yards in your goal to lose inches.
Mannatech, thanks to its TruHealth Fat-Loss System† has the playbook you need to dodge being tackled by over eating at a football watch party and to keep you headed to the goal line of better health and wellness.
- Pre-game sweat – Before you break the huddle at your watch party, get in some exercise. Give yourself a good cushion to take in calories by burning some by taking a brisk walk or throwing the football around with your friends.
- Stick with your game plan – Come up with an eating game plan and stick to it. Before the big game, decide how you are going to approach the snack tray and what you are going to eat and what you are going to skip. This will help you stay on track and stray as little as possible.
- Smooth moves – If you are able, make a healthy smoothie to give you a healthy treat that will fill you up and keep you in the game. The TruHealth Signature Smoothie is just the thing to help avoid unhealthy snacks that will intercept your healthy eating habits.
- Sideline the liquor – The easy way to get penalized while watching the big game is to drink too much of the wrong thing. The best bet is to stick with water. But if you are going to drink alcohol, choose low-calorie and low carbohydrate options.
- Avoid the (buffet) line of scrimmage – Get as many yards between you and the buffet line as possible. Get to a point where you can’t even see the food, if possible. Give yourself one run at the buffet and use a small plate to control portion sizes.
- Stay in motion – When the game starts, don’t stay in the huddle. Try standing and walking around. When halftime starts, skip the pageantry of the show and take a 20-minute walk or a quick jog around the block.
- Take calculated risks – Have a little cheese dip and maybe a small dessert. “A little bit” is the key. You won’t draw a penalty flag for enjoying a small guilty pleasure.
- Enjoy your teammates – Try to focus on your friends and family gathered with you to watch the game. Keep food secondary to socializing, having fun and enjoying good company.
For more information on how you can kick-start your healthy eating habits, check out Mannatech’s TruHealth Fat-Loss System to find a solution that meets your life style and helps keep you and your family feeling healthy and well all year long.
†Always consult with your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before embarking on a new diet or program. This program is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. If you are taking medications, have a health condition or are planning a medical procedure, consult your health professional before beginning this program. It is also not recommended for children under the age of 18. If you have any specific questions about these matters you should consult your doctor or other healthcare provider.